Every time this post comes around, I have to explain this.
Watch Dennou Coil, the most underrated anime pretty much ever.
- Yes, this is the standard of animation throughout the series.
- AND THIS IS A FILLER EPISODE.
- It’s basically about kids with what’s essentially Google Glass: The Game. The whole world is affected by this game. Traffic lights, school, anything.
- It’s good in the beginning and gets really, really good by the end.
- Shows the vulnerabilities of children.
- Well-written children in general. They fall under some tropes but they don’t suffer from the usual fallacies of writing children into series.
- And yeah, the filler episodes are really good. The whole series is worth watching.
Reblogging as a reminder to myself
wish this show was longer.
UO does horrible, offensive things all the time; take a look if you don’t believe me. This time, though, it’s personal.
That kid up there, Bill Schroeder, was killed at Kent State. He was a friend of my father’s. They were in ROTC together. If it hadn’t been for a single meaningless choice, a roll of the dice, it could’ve been my dad instead of him.
I will give a free digital comic to ANYONE who publicly pledges to boycott UO and its subsidiary brands, Anthropologie, Free People, BHLDN, and Terrain.
They’re not selling the shirt anymore, and they’ve apologized (unconvincingly). The next group of people they dehumanize might not happen to include me. But it’s a sure bet they’re going to keep on being a moral cesspool. The best thing you and I can do, as far as I can figure it, is not shop there, and tell other people not to shop there.
Here’s some info about the comic you’ll get. You can pledge here by reblogging, you can tweet @kwirick, or you can pledge on Facebook. I’ll send you the discount code.
Urban Outfitters made Bill Schroeder a joke. I want to introduce you to him as a person.
Sorry about the non-fandom post, but (a) ugh Urban Outfitters, and (b) kwirick is a super sweet and awesome person.
JJBA protagonist appreciation post.
remember when children used to say “i know you are but what am i” bc never in my adult life have i found an incident where that phrase is more appropriate
This is a god damn front for something I’m sure of it
They sell pets for your car.
what a beautiful person
And to the introverted theatre kids, public speakers with social anxiety, and florists with allergies.
Somewhere in the distance, Beethoven’s ghost is applauding.
my love for this post reaches no limits